Spend just 10 minutes and quick clean the bathroom with these easy tips!
Welcome back to the 52-Week Home Project! After a long summer break it’s time to get caught back up on creating a haven at home.
For the next week and a half we are going to get our homes back in order by completing small mini-tasks each day that only take just a few minutes to complete.
Yesterday we finished working in the living room, today we are going to quickly clean the bathroom.
The 52-Week Home Project Mini-Task #7
Quick Clean A Bathroom
The bathroom…. the room where we clean ourselves is usually the dirtiest room in the house. Rightfully so, it gets a lot of use and sometimes, especially during the summer, we are getting ready in a flash leaving a small mess in our wake.
Today let’s give one, or more, of our bathrooms a quick one over. Ideally we should be wiping down our bathrooms each day but it’s very easy to let this small task go. If you have time, give all of your bathrooms a quick clean.
So set the timer and turn on your favorite music or podcast, roll up your sleeves.
- Clear the space. Remove any beauty products on the counter, bath mats or towels that need to be washed, or any miscellaneous decor items that are taking up space on the counter.
- Wash towels. Throw any bath towels, washcloths, bath mats and other linens in the washer.
- Wipe it down. Using a heavy duty bathroom cleaner spray, spray your sink and counter area. (Depending on the material your sink is made out of will determine what type of cleaner you use.) Starting at the top of the basin working your way down, scrub away all the built on gunk. You may need to use a gentle scourer or baking soda to get rid of stubborn built up. Repeat with your toilet and shower/bathtub. You may wish to use a tile and grout cleaner.
- Flush the drain. With warm water running, sprinkle about a cup of baking soda in your sink then pour white vinegar to form a bubbly paste. Flush with boiling water. Repeat with your shower/bathtub drain to.
- Sweep & mop the floor. Using a vacuum or dry mop, clean the floor from any dirt, debris or loose hair. Mop the floor using warm soapy water or a cleaner safe for the tiles on your floor. Let the floor dry.
- Put your bathroom back together. Once all the tiles and surfaces are dry, put out fresh towels, refill the soap dispensers and any other items that must remain on the counters.
- ***Bonus*** Organize toiletries. If you have a few extra minutes, go through to purge and organize your personal toiletries. Wipe out any drawers and cabinets, clean your brushes and throw out any empty containers.
Tomorrow we will continue to tackle our home, one mini-project at a time! I’ll see you then!
Live with Intention Every Single Day!
Download your free What's Your Purpose? workbook today!
Join the community of over 6,000 women who are learning how to prioritize their home life while nurturing a thriving faith with a little bit of encouragement delivered weekly to your inbox -- plus get this FREE workbook!