Did you miss the Women of the Word Book Club Meeting? Not to worry! We recorded the session!
In this Women of the Word Book Club You’ll Hear:
- The five questions you should ask before studying a book of the Bible
- Why knowing the historical context of a book is essential to understanding it
- What it means to have a sense of our own “small space” in history in order to rightly interpret scripture
- How to study the Bible with context and cultural relevance in mind
- Why using a study Bible and commentaries can be helpful
- And more!
Can’t see the video? Click here to view the replay on YouTube.
We have made the replay available on YouTube because some of you expressed that you did not want to get a Twitter account which is currently the only way you can use Blab.
We will be uploading the replays each week, so subscribing to Leigh Ann’s YouTube channel will ensure you get a notification the minute it’s live. This means you can watch the replay Tuesday night after work or when the kids are in bed instead of waiting until this post goes live. 🙂
What You Need to Know for Next Week:
You can join us live next week, April 5th, on Blab at 3pm EST. We’ve already scheduled the next Blab, so you can subscribe in order to get notified when we go live.
We will be covering Chapter 5, Studying with Patience, of the book, Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin.
The Discussion Guide
Though simply reading the book is enough, if you want to be able to think through the discussion questions before hand, we are using Crossway’s Study Guide for our discussion guide.