We had such a great discussion on this week’s Women of the Word book club. This was a meaty chapter that really gets right to the point of what solid and deep Bible study looks like.
The chapter lead to some great interactions with the live viewers and I was so encouraged to really dig deep and examine exactly how I study the Bible. You guys, this is good stuff!
Alright, on to the recap….
Join us live every Tuesday afternoon at 2pm CST as we talk about How to Study the Bible with Both Our Hearts and Our Minds.
Join Leigh Ann, Ashley and I, your hosts, on Blab for some afternoon fun and discussion about one of our favorite things – God’s Word!
Did you miss this week’s live discussion?
Fear not, click on the link below to watch the entire recording. If you have any questions or ideas you want to share that you weren’t able to post in the interactive comments during the Blab, leave them below in the comments here on the blog and I will personally answer each and every one of them.
This Week’s Video Replay
Can’t see the video? Click here to view the replay on YouTube.
We have made the replay available on YouTube because some of you expressed that you did not want to get a Twitter account which is currently the only way you can use Blab.
We will be uploading the replays each week, so subscribing to Leigh Ann’s YouTube channel will ensure you get a notification the minute it’s live. This means you can watch the replay any night after work or when the kids are in bed instead of waiting until this post goes live.
Highlights and Important Notes
In this week’s Women of the Word Book Club you’ll hear:
- How our typical approach of study shapes the way we actually study the Bible.
- The 3 stages of Bible study and how they each seek to answer a specific question about the text: comprehension, interpretation and application.
- The 6 different comprehension tools Jen suggests will be the most helpful tools to learn how to dig deep and study the Bible more intentionally.
- An understanding of the difference between the different translations of the Bible (NIV, ESV, NKJV, etc.) and interpretations (The Message, NLT, etc.).
- How God designed His Word with order and purpose and how that affects how we approach Bible study ourselves.
- Flower Mound Women’s Bible Study – a collection of previous Bible studies Jen Wilkin has lead using this study method.
- Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR NEXT WEEK:
You can join us live next week, April 19th, on Blab at 2pm CST. We’ve already scheduled the next Blab, so you can subscribe in order to get notified when we go live.
THE DISCUSSION GUIDE
Though simply reading the book is enough, if you want to be able to think through the discussion questions before hand, we are using Crossway’s Study Guide for our discussion guide.
I can’t wait to see you next Tuesday, April 19 as we begin digging into Chapter 7: Studying God’s Word with Prayer
Don’t have a book yet?
There is still plenty of time to grab one. Check Amazon, your local library or favorite bookstore. Women of the Word is available in both paperback and on Kindle.
What important lessons and truths stuck out to you from this week’s reading and discussion?
Does creating a Christ-Centered home feel overwhelming?
It doesn't have to be!
Join our community and get the encouragement & guidance you need to find real joy & purpose in your homemaking today! To get started, you'll also get my FREE guide: 10 Easy Ways to Create a Christ-Centered Home!
Plus, when you join the Creative Home Keeper community you will join over 5,000 other women (just like YOU) who are becoming equipped to create a Christ-centered home and are transforming their hearts towards homemaking once and for all!