Did you miss the first Women of the Word Book Club Meeting? Not to worry! We recorded the session!
Join Leigh Ann and me, your hosts, on Blab for some afternoon fun and discussion about one of our favorite things – God’s Word!
Did you miss this week’s live discussion?
Fear not, click on the link below to watch the entire recording. If you have any questions or ideas you want to share that you weren’t able to post in the interactive comments during the Blab, leave them below in the comments here on the blog and I will personally answer each and every one of them.
Highlights and Important Notes
In this Women of the Word Book Club You’ll Hear:
- The goal of the book club
- Our “church pedigree” and how it’s affected our approach to Bible study
- Must have Bible study tools
- Additional Bible study tool suggestions
- Our experiences with false or poor teaching
- The comfort level we feel when interpreting the Bible for ourselves
- The obstacles we have to overcome in our current season of life in order to be more consistent with Bible study
- Encouragement for pregnant mamas and moms of young children
- How big of a blooper I am when it comes to technology!
- And why we are thankful for my husband for helping us figure out how to turn off the blab!
You’ll want to make it all the way to the end where Leigh Ann and I start giggling uncontrollably… just for the record, being a blogger doesn’t mean we are technology experts! 😉
This Week’s Video Replay
Can’t see the video? Click here to view the replay on YouTube.
We have made the replay available on YouTube because some of you expressed that you did not want to get a Twitter account which is currently the only way you can use Blab.
We will be uploading the replays each week, so subscribing to Leigh Ann’s YouTube channel will ensure you get a notification the minute it’s live. This means you can watch the replay Tuesday night after work or when the kids are in bed instead of waiting until this post goes live. 🙂
- Follow Jen Wilkin on Instagram here
- Revive Conference
- The Sanity Saving Tactic of Keeping a Bible Book Basket
- Bible Literacy within the Family Podcast
- 6 Simple Steps to Get Started Studying God’s Word
- ESV Study Bible – the Bible I currently use
- ESV Large Print Compact Bible – the other Bible Leigh Ann also currently uses
- I Haven’t Written in My Journal or Opened My Bible in a While
What You Need to Know for Next Week
You can join us live next week, March 15th, on Blab at 3pm EST. We’ve already scheduled the next Blab, so you can subscribe in order to get notified when we go live.
The Discussion Guide
Though simply reading the book is enough, if you want to be able to think through the discussion questions before hand, we are using Crossway’s Study Guide for our discussion guide.
Don’t have a book yet?
There is still plenty of time to grab one. Check Amazon, your local library or favorite bookstore. Women of the Word is available in both paperback and on Kindle.
What important lessons and truths stuck out to you from this week’s reading and discussion?
Does creating a Christ-Centered home feel overwhelming?
It doesn't have to be!
Join our community and get the encouragement & guidance you need to find real joy & purpose in your homemaking today! To get started, you'll also get my FREE guide: 10 Easy Ways to Create a Christ-Centered Home!
Plus, when you join the Creative Home Keeper community you will join over 5,000 other women (just like YOU) who are becoming equipped to create a Christ-centered home and are transforming their hearts towards homemaking once and for all!