50 practical and useful (yet fun) stocking stuffers for both kids and adults alike! Best of all, they are budget friendly too, most items are less than $10!
My favorite part of Christmas morning has always been opening stockings. As a kid, I loved to discover what little treasures were hidden and nestled in there and now as a mom, I love filling and watching my kids empty theirs.
This year we are focusing on simple and intentional gifts, which also includes small items for the stockings. Stockings are perfect for those little things that are both practical and necessary, yet oh so fun!Stockings are perfect for little gifts that are both practical & necessary, yet oh so fun!Click To Tweet
This is a great list of several useful, appreciated, non-junky, practical and fun items to consider placing in your family’s stockings.
Also included are some things you might even want to include in your own stocking or to place on a “hint-hint” list for your honey 😉
50+ Practical and Useful (Yet Fun) Stocking Stuffers
- Underwear- Panties, briefs or boxers
- Socks or tights
- Hat, gloves, or mittens
- Headbands, hair bows, clips or other hair accessories (including Brushes and combs)
For Personal Hygiene:
- Character band-aids (my kids are obsessed with band-aids and even “pretend” to have boo-boos so they can wear one! Anyone else with this same problem?)
- Nail polish
- Bubble bath or Bath bombs
- Bath Loofa
- Lip Balms
- No-tangle spray (Make a batch and place in smaller spray bottles)
- Makeup Brush Set
For Reading and Writing:
- Booklights (my husband is insisting I purchase a book light for myself since he is so tired of me keeping him up at night with the lamp on!)
- Board, classic picture or Paperback books
- Magnetic Bookmarks (gone are my days of dog-earring the books, I am now reformed with these handy little clips)
- Fun pens (my personal favorites)
- Notebooks or Journals
For Growing Your Faith
- Bible highlighters
- Bible-themed coloring books
- A Gratitude Journal
- Children’s Devotional Book
- Bible Verse Magnets
- Fun markers (this would be the one instance where I think we might be safe with glitter… we’ll see, though!)
- Play-Doh (you can always make your own, which I do on occasion, but sometimes during busy seasons it’s just handy to have some on hand ready to go for the kids to play with)
- Washi tape
- Glue Sticks
- Personalized Stickers
Special Snacks and Treats:
- Organic Lollipops or Gummy Bears
- Granola Bars
- Animal Cookies
- Clementines (the perfect winter fruit for little hands in my opinion plus they are so cute, hence the name!)
- Squeezable Fruit Pouches (not just for kids, these are a surprisingly handy snack to have on hand for adults too!)
- Individual snack sized crackers
- Juice pouches
- Tea packs or coffee pods
- Hot chocolate mix
- Fun Mugs
For Fun and To Play With:
- Measuring Spoons (for both kids and adults alike)
- Mini flashlights (always handy to have)
- Silly Putty
- Racing Cars (fun for both boys and girls)
- Jacks (I love introducing my kids to classic toys and games, they are timeless)
- Krazy Straws (Because why drink out a regular straw when you can have a crazy one?)
- Original Slinky in Box
- Classic Wooden Catch Ball
And for the most practical and useful of all…
What would you add to the list of practical and useful (yet fun) stocking stuffers?
Looking for more great gift ideas? Check out these posts for more ideas:
Does creating a Christ-Centered home feel overwhelming?
It doesn't have to be!
Join our community and get the encouragement & guidance you need to find real joy & purpose in your homemaking today! To get started, you'll also get my FREE guide: 10 Easy Ways to Create a Christ-Centered Home!
Plus, when you join the Creative Home Keeper community you will join over 5,000 other women (just like YOU) who are becoming equipped to create a Christ-centered home and are transforming their hearts towards homemaking once and for all!